Most people think that the lawn care business is just about cutting grass. However, it involves more than just enjoying the intoxicating scent of grass that is freshly cut. If you are considering entering the lawn care industry, you can either choose to start a new company from scratch and grow it into a successful lawn maintenance business, or purchase an already-established lawn care company.
Why invest in a lawn maintenance business?
According to statistics, the lawn care business is one of the fastest growing industries in the economy, with well over 1 million people employed in the business as lawn maintenance workers. The business is projected to get better in the years to come, and the employment rate is estimated to increase by nearly 20% by the year 2020. This means that the demand for lawn care services is expected to increase moreover time than other offered services. Therefore, it is no surprise that many are looking to invest in this sector.
Whether to buy a lawn care franchise or start one
As we stated earlier, one can choose to either buy a lawn maintenance business that is already in operation or build one from the ground up. To decide which way to go, one has to carefully access the advantages and disadvantages that come with either decision.
Buying a lawn maintenance franchise
There is no correct answer on whether or not to purchase a lawn care firm instead of establishing a new one. The decision is dependent on your financial conditions, your set of skills, the amount of time you are willing to dedicate to the course, the experience you have in the field, and how confident you are that you are ready to run a business. Since the decision of purchasing such a business depends on an individual, we cannot give a definite answer on whether it is best. However, we can provide you with various considerations to have in mind.
Before you go ahead and buy a lawn care business, you need to question yourself on whether:
- You have the ability and personality to run a firm by yourself, and the level of commitment you are willing to give;
- The qualities that make you a good business person and the weaknesses that you may need to work on;
- The kind of franchise that you are interested in—the lawn maintenance industry is quite wide and covers various trades;
- Your readiness to go into debt so that you can invest in such a business;
- Your willingness to work for long periods and under pressure;
- The support you are receiving from your loved ones
Purchasing a lawn care franchise has its advantages and disadvantages, some of which are pointed out below:
ADVANTAGES OF PURCHASING A LAWN CARE FRANCHISE
DISADVANTAGES OF PURCHASING A LAWN CARE FRANCHISE
Starting a lawn maintenance franchise
When choosing to start a lawn care franchise from scratch, there are several things that you should take into consideration:
- Clearly state your goals—what you want to achieve and the time frame within which you plan on achieving them
- Identify which market you plan on targeting. This should be based on the goals you have set for yourself
- Carefully select the tools you are going to use—have the services you plan to deliver in mind as you select your equipment
- Lay out a plan on how you intend to reach your target audience. The easiest way to do this is by the use of social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter
Just like purchasing a lawn care franchise, starting one has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of starting your own Lawn Care Franchise
Cons of Starting your own Lawn Care Franchise
One needs to weigh all these factors before they can decide whether to buy a franchise or start one.
Lawn care franchises for sale
If you have weighed the above considerations and considered to purchase an established franchise, here is a list of lawn maintenance franchises for sale in the US:
- Lawn Doctor
- Weed Man
- Father Nature Inc.
- Spring-Green Lawn Care
- U.S. Lawns
- Freedom Lawns
- The Ground Guys LLC
The initial investments for these franchises vary, including the terms and conditions of investing in the businesses.