If your home happens to have a tree—whether birch, oak, maple, etc.—you recognize the importance of having a leaf blower to help you clean up the mess. A leaf blower (usually shortened to “blower”) is a tool that features a nozzle that emits air to blow gardening waste such as leaves and grass cuttings. Even though leaf blowers are used throughout the year and cannot be termed as seasonal once-and-done gardening tools, it proves especially useful during the autumn months when trees shed all their leaves. These tools are also used during summer to clean sandy decks, winter to move light snow, and spring to handle wind-blown walkways.
There are numerous leaf blower options to choose from on the market. The most common blower types are gas-, electric-, or battery-powered leaf blowers. They also come in a variety of styles including wheeled, handheld, and backpack models. With such a wide selection, it can be difficult to choose the best one to suit your needs. When taking matters like the level of convenience, the speed of delivery, and cost friendliness, gas-powered leaf blowers take the lead. Despite being noisier and more cumbersome than their counterparts that run on electricity or batteries, they run for much longer and can be carried anywhere around the yard without any restrictions (electric-powered models can only operate within 100’ of a power outlet).
To help you choose a leaf blower and say goodbye to blistered hands as a result of raking up fallen leaves and lawn debris, we have compiled a list of the three best leaf blowers. The reviews include performance rates and features that will help you choose the best model suited for your requirements.
A powerful engine makes it no wonder that the Makita BHX2500CA Commercial Grade 4-Stroke 24.5cc Handheld Blower made this list. This tool is convenience, efficiency, comfort, and durability rolled up into one package. The tool comes with some additional elements including a round-end nozzle, an extension pipe, and a tool kit.
- The powerful 24.5cc 4-stroke commercial duty engine helps the appliance run efficiently
- This leaf blower does not run on fuel mixtures
- It weighs the least in comparison to other gas powered leaf blowers of its kind, making it easier to handle
- The large-capacity muffler brings down the noise as low as possible
- The large 17.7 oz. tank holds more fuel to ensure the equipment runs for a long time
- This blower has a dual-stage filter that can easily be replaced and accessed
- It features a mechanical automatic engine decompression that makes turning it on less demanding
- The soft grip of the handle makes it easier for you to control the appliance
This product is can only be shipped within the United States
The beauty of this Makita product is that the low exhaust emissions do not compromise the power and efficiency of the machine. The manufacturer also offers a 2-year warranty on the elements related to emissions, and a 1-year warranty on all other parts.
The Husqvarna 150BT is a medium-sized gas backpack blower runs on a 50.2cc X-Torq engine, making it among the most powerful devices in its range. This blower is carefully designed with the user’s comfort, convenience, and ease of use, as well as a high-performance delivery.
- This gas backpack leaf blower’s fan design makes it effective in delivering maximum air speed
- For easier turning on, the stop switch is automated to reset to the ON position
- The vibrations of the device are massively reduced by the placement of LowVib dampeners between the chassis and the engine
- The speed throttle comes with a cruise control that allows the user different blowing speeds to perfectly suit handling
- The padded harness and hip belt can be adjusted to perfectly fit the user
- The X-Torq engine is crafted to economize on fuel and reduce emissions while delivering powerful efficiency
- Backpack leaf blowers tend to be pricier than their handheld counterparts
- Backpack leaf blowers are generally more cumbersome since they pack more weight than other leaf blowers
The Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle Gas Backpack Blower is recommended for use by homeowners and light commercial purposes.
With a 470 CFM Air Volume and a maximum speed of 170 mph, it comes as no surprise that the Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower earned a place in this best gas leaf blower review. Some of this device's most notable features include an engine displacement of 28cc, a fuel capacity of 0.13 gallons, and a 2-cycle engine type. The device comes with a manual, blower, tubes, and 2.6 oz. 2-cycle fuel mix from the manufacturer. It is ideal for removal of leaves and garden debris for yards as large as 1 acre.
- The leaf blower comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- The stop switch is automated to reset to the ON position for easy turn on
- The speed throttle comes with cruise control that can be set for easier handling
- The appliance features an air purge that blows air through the air system and carburetor to make it easier to start
- The fan casing is streamlined with the handle to ensure the user is comfortable without tiring the wrist or arm
- The device is lightweight weighing only 9.4 lbs., making it easier to use
The manufacturer only ships this item within the United States and other few selected territories.
The Husqvarna 952711925 125B 28cc 2-Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower is only available in the color orange. For details on the product’s warranty, you will need to contact the seller or the manufacturers.
Before you purchase a gas leaf blower, check your town’s laws on noise pollution since gas blowers tend to be loud. Some areas restrict the use of leaf blowers during particular hours. Also, check the noise scores indicated on the leaf blower. Even if the device is constructed to be relatively quiet and meet the toughest conditions, you’d be surprised how loud they are up close.